Exciting opportunity available for a seasoned Procurement Coordinator within a FMCG Manufacturing Company based in Stellenbosch.
The successful candidate will be reporting directly to the Procurement Director and will be required to manage good relationships with the existing supplier base.
The Procurement Coordinator will be interacting with the demand planning, warehousing, inventory control, production scheduling, receiving and shipping teams.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
* Review production plan & prepare forecasts for material to be used in production.
* Source and procure products in sufficient quantity and quality to ensure availability for production in accordance with production schedule.
* Coordinate the purchasing function in a collaborative manner with the various functions of sales & marketing, production, warehousing & production planning.
* Maintain and develop good relations within vendor community
* Source, evaluate and recommend new suppliers and materials that help generate cost savings or reduce usage without sacrificing quality
* Fulfil contract manufacturing commitments by managing purchases within contract parameters as agreed with brand principals.
* Generating, adjusting and expediting purchase orders ensuring inventory levels are aligned with production schedule requirements.
* Processing good received vouchers ensuring that orders are fulfilled in accordance with the purchase orders (right quantity; price; quality and date)
* Relevant degree or Supply Chain Diploma advantageous (eg SAPICS)
* 3-5 years’ experience in industry / similar position
* Proficiency in MS Office (especially Excel) required
* Experience with software packages including Sage Evolution, SAP, Syspro or similar
* Experience with purchasing/buying negotiation?
* Strong written & verbal communication skills with vendors, customers and co workers
* Critical thinker with strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
* Multi-tasker who deals well with pressure
* Attention to detail and great sense of urgency
* Financial acumen
* Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
* Benefits:Retirement Annuity contribution forms part of CTC salary
* Monday – Friday
Please use the following reference number in the subject line of your email: CR78 when applying for this position. Please submit your CV in Word Format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive feedback within 1 week.