Our client, an extremely successful and well known event hiring company based in the Boland region is looking to employ an Accountant. Reporting directly to the MD, you will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
Processing and posting financial data within specified deadlines to ensure the Debtors, Creditors and Cash Book function is accurate and up to date and the business income / set-out budgets are managed and under control.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
* Processes debtor payment receipts on a daily basis.
* Checks to ensure correct quantities of stock and prices have been used and where stock quantities are incorrect, liaises with Warehouse Manager to rectify discrepancies.
* Liaises with Debtors to ensure that they have received all invoices
* Generates an estimated cash flow report at month end
* Ensures correct Debtors accounts are placed on hold in the event of non-payment
* Creates all new debtors accounts as per finance policies and procedures
Bank Cash Book
* Processes all bank receipts for various entities within the business.
* Investigates and follows up with the Bank if any unknown items reflect on the Bank statement to ensure all payments are allocated correctly.
Month End Procedures
* Ensures all Debtors and Creditors processing is completed and reconciled on a monthly basis
* Prepares a monthly management statement for the MD as well as the Auditors
* Matric / Grade 12
* Post Matric qualification in accounting / financial administration
* Sound Computer Skills – Excel and Accounting Software (preferably Pastel)
* Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar position with exposure to operations
Negotiable depending on experience
Please use the following reference number in the subject line of your email: CR211 when applying for this position. Please submit your CV in Word Format to email@example.com. Kindly consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive feedback within 1 week.