Our client, an Engineering concern within the Paarl region is looking to employ a Bookkeeper on a 4 month maternity cover contract (fixed term). Reporting directly to the Financial Manager, you will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
Processing and posting financial data within specified deadlines to ensure the Debtors, Creditors and Cash Book function is accurate and up to date and the business income is managed and under control. Completes all reconciliations before month-end and ensures debtors & creditors age analysis is within agreed terms.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
* Processes debtor payment receipts on a daily basis.
* Checks to ensure correct quantities of stock and prices have been used and where stock quantities are incorrect, liaises with Warehouse Manager to rectify discrepancies.
* Liaises with Debtors to ensure that they have received all invoices
* Generates an estimated cash flow report at month end
* Ensures correct Debtors accounts are placed on hold in the event of non-payment
* Creates all new debtors accounts as per finance policies and procedures
* Sends statement to relevant customers on a monthly basis within one week after month-end
* Liaises with clients and confirms payments before month-end to ascertain amount of funds to be received
* Reconciles payments at month end, pursuing any outstanding amounts until payment is received
* Reconciles debtors’ accounts on a monthly basis, highlighting all discrepancies before next month-end
* Prepares and presents debtors age analysis and ensures weekly outstanding Debtors Status reports are compiled and sent to the relevant directors
* Ensures completed credit application/contracts are on all debtor’s files
Bank Cash Book
* Processes all bank receipts for various entities of the business.
* Investigates and follows up with the Bank if any unknown items reflect on the Bank statement to ensure all payments are allocated correctly.
Month End Procedures
* Ensures all Debtors and Creditors processing is completed and reconciled on a monthly basis
* Prepares a monthly management statement for the Directors of the other entities
* Matric / Grade 12
* Post Matric qualification in accounting / financial administration
* Sound Computer Skills
* Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar position with exposure to operations and manufacturing
R15 000 Gross (no benefits)
Monday – Friday 08:00 – 17:00
Please use the following reference number in the subject line of your email: CR309 when applying for this position. Please submit your CV in Word Format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive feedback within 1 week.