Our client, a values-driven group of companies based in Paarl is looking for a skilled Bookkeeper/Accounting Clerk to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and financial tasks.
Accounting Clerk responsibilities include keeping financial records updated, preparing reports and reconciling bank statements. You will also run accounting software programs to process business transactions, like accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts. A successful accounting assistant should be familiar with all accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers.
Ultimately, a successful Accounting Clerk will ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
* Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
* Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
* Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
* Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
* Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database
* Provide assistance and support to company personnel
* Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
* Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
* Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
* 5 – 10 years proven accounting experience, preferably as an accounts payable clerk or bookkeeper
* Familiarity with Microsoft Navision advantageous
* Competency in MS Office
* Attention to detail
* Rapid and accurate processing of large volume of transaction
* Well organized
* High school or relevant certification is a plus
* Fluent in Afrikaans & English
* Team player and willing to work outside normal working hours
Please use the following reference number in the subject line of your email: CR247 when applying for this position. Please submit your CV in Word Format, your salary expectation and notice period to email@example.com. Kindly consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive feedback within 1 week.