Our client based in Stellenbosch is looking for a skilled Bookkeeper to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and financial tasks.
Bookkeeper responsibilities include keeping financial records updated, preparing reports and reconciling bank statements. You will also run accounting software programs to process business transactions, like accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts. The successful candidate should be familiar with all accounting procedures and comfortable with advanced Excel functionalities.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
* Perform accounting, debtors and creditors functions
* Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
* Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
* Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
* Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database
* Provide assistance and support to company personnel
* Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
* Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
* Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
* 2 – 5 years proven accounting experience, preferably as a bookkeeper
* Excellent Excel skills
* Relevant financial tertiary qualification
* Well organized
* Fluent in Afrikaans & English
Please use the following reference number in the subject line of your email: CR270 when applying for this position. Please submit your CV in Word Format, your salary expectation and notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive feedback within 1 week.