Our client, a successful retail chain based in Cape Town is looking for a Buyer to join their highly skilled team in the Household and Homeware division. The object of this role will be to purchase goods to ensure that the companies operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply.
* Purchase goods, materials or components in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
* Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
* Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
* Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible
* Deliver briefs, updates and reports as and when required
* Develop creative and innovative procurement processes
* Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement
* Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
* Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities
* Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
* Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures and the Official South African regulatory standards are upheld during supplier negotiations and procurement.
* Explore alternate sources for goods and materials and assess quotations from potential suppliers. Undertake research on and evaluate existing and new suppliers
* Prepare purchase orders in line with final negotiations with selected suppliers and in line with organisational targets and requirements
* Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
* Set market related selling prices after negotiating the lowest cost prices possible.
* Be held accountable for the overall sales growth of the suppliers under your control.
* A minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in a similar role, in Household and Homeware Retail
* Experience in dealing with Imported products
* Advanced Excel skills
* Analytical, numerically astute with strong proven problem-solving abilities
* High attention to detail and accuracy
* IQ Retail/Netstock experience advantageous
Market Related, please indicate your salary expectation and notice period.
Please use the following reference number in the subject line of your email: CR333 when applying for this position. Please submit your CV in Word Format, your salary expectation and notice period to email@example.com. Kindly consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive feedback within 1 week.