Our client, a leading and successful diversified Agricultural group has a vacancy for a Communications/PR assistant to join their team.
Reporting directly to the Communication Manager, the PR and communications assistant supports the creation and execution of multi-channel communications plans to support the company and its various brands both internally and externally.
• Assist in conceptualizing and executing differentiated communications plans that align to our business objectives
• Social media: track conversations on our different platforms, identify opportunities, competitor monitoring and benchmarking from a PR and communications perspective
• Assist with the planning and execution of media engagement (product drops, update media & influencer lists)
• Assist with writing, editing and proofreading of documents, newsletters and presentations, case studies
• Provide general assistance to the marketing team including public relations, advertising, ordering and management of promotional materials intended for public consumption
• Assist with the vetting of sponsorship requests and execution of approved requests
• Management and coordination of the different brands’ external newsletters. This includes obtaining input, writing up news features, fact checking and approvals.
• Assist with crafting and executing internal communications plans to support internal initiatives, including proof reading
• Drive the creation of high-quality internal communications (newsletters, vacancy adverts, staff profiles, etc.) and be able to use the mailer tool (MailChimp) with an eye for basic layout and design.
• PR/Communications qualification OR 3 years’ relevant experience
• Excellent writing, editing and communications skills with a keen eye for detail
• Previous social media management experience is desirable (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
• Proven skills in all aspects of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
• Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously Ability to set goals and timelines as well as work in a deadline-driven environment
• Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people across all levels, both internally and externally
• EE candidates will be given preference in line with the companies BEE targets
SALARY: Market related salary
Please use the following reference number in the subject line of your email: CR258 when applying for this position. Please submit your CV in Word Format, your salary expectation and notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive feedback within 1 week.