Our client, a large diversified agricultural group based in Stellenbosch has a vacancy for a Company Secretary to join their highly skilled and dynamic team.
* Reporting to Chairperson of Board/Executive, the main purpose of the position will be to ensure statutory compliance and good governance across all the companies within the Group. Responsibilities & Duties
* Work closely with the group compliance team to ensure compliance with all local legislation. Advise on compliance with company law requirements and local corporate governance rules such as King III/IV. Monitor changes in laws and advise boards on impact of these changes. Planning the annual meeting calendar for the entire Group. Preparation of meeting agendas and ensuring correct compilation and timeous distribution of meeting packs. Provide effective administrative company secretarial support to the boards and their committees.
* Serve as the Secretary to the Audit Committee, Risk Committee, Remuneration Committee, Social and Ethics Committee. Drafting of director resolutions and minute taking. Update and maintain group organograms, committee terms of reference, board charters, delegation of authority framework.
* Set up new companies, amend Memoranda and Articles/MOI, and deregister companies as per business requirements. Add/remove directors and adjust director and company details as required. Preparation and timeous lodgement of all statutory and other relevant returns with registrar of companies.
* Maintain strict confidentiality of all tasks executed Qualifications & Skills
* South African citizen
* An Associate (ACIS) or Fellow (FCIS) member of the Chartered Secretaries Southern Africa (CSSA).
* An undergraduate law degree (such as B.Proc, B. Juris, LLB) with Company Law as a subject will be advantageous.
* No less than SIX years relevant, working experience within a Company Secretarial environment.
* At least TWO years in a senior role.
* Experience gained and exposure to the Company Secretarial work should have been hands on.
* Extensive experience in minute taking is essential.
* An excellent understanding of Company Law and the ability to interpret written laws.
* An excellent command of English, both written and verbal is a requirement of the role.
* Strong MS Office skills are essential.
Negotiable depending on experience
Please use the following reference number in the subject line of your email: CR256 when applying for this position. Please submit your CV in Word Format, your salary expectation and notice period to email@example.com. Kindly consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive feedback within 1 week.