We are looking for a skilled Debtors Controller to provide financial, accounting/bookkeeping and administrative services.
Duties include ensuring accuracy and efficiency of operations, processing and monitoring incoming payments, and securing revenue by verifying and posting receipts.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
* Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
* Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data
* Prepare bills, invoices and bank deposits
* Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
* Verify discrepancies by and resolve clients’ billing issues
* Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients
* Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status
* Full Petty Cash function – handling, reconciling, capturing on accounting software
* Full Credit Card function – handling, reconciling, capturing on accounting software
* Process monthly Journals, and able to understand and reconcile accounts
* Additional Bookkeeping/Accounting functions
* Able to work independently
* Proven working experience as a Debtors Controller (Accounting/Bookkeeping a bonus)
* Solid understanding of basic accounting principles (Debits, Credits & VAT)
* Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures
* Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
* Hands-on experience in operating Excel spreadsheets and Pastel (Evolution)
* Proficiency in Afrikaans & English
* Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
* High degree of accuracy, professional and attention to detail
R17 000 – R18 000 per month
Monday – Friday 08:00 – 17:00
Please use the following reference number in the subject line of your email: CR142 when applying for this position. Please submit your CV in Word Format to email@example.com. Kindly consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive feedback within 1 week.