Our client, an extremely successful and well known event hiring company based in the Boland region is looking for an Operational / Logistics / Warehousing Manager to join their highly skilled creative team.
The role entails optimization of their logistical, inventory and warehousing systems through management and collaboration within a broad team structure and engagement with key stakeholders.
* Required to work closely with the team leaders and their teams to collectively produce a successful event.
* Ensure that all staff are well managed, to improve productivity and ensure that staff are motivated and productive.
* Ensure smooth operation throughout each event.
* To handle operations, logistics and quality management for multiple projects from entry level to finish.
* Logistics management and inventory control of all equipment, materials and any other items.
* Source for materials and act as a negotiator to obtain cost-effective prices from suppliers.
* Quality management of all equipment / materials and any other items.
* Ensure that the warehouse is maintained in a neat and tidy condition and housekeeping is done on a regular basis.
* Ensure effective systems are in place to obtain the above mentioned.
* 2 – 3 years’ solid experience in the event industry.
* Possess a good network of suppliers and contractors contacts.
* Highly competent with excellent audio visual / electrical knowledge and hands-on skills.
* Able to take “common-sense” initiatives and make sound judgements and decisions.
* Effective crisis management.
* Good time management.
* Good negotiation and interpersonal skills.
* Able to negotiate in the interest of the company.
* A passion for events and communication with an accurate eye for details.
* Ability to handle pressure, multi-task and work within tight schedules / deadlines.
* Calm, resourceful, independent and vigilant
* To be able to work extended hours and on weekends if and when needed.
R25 000 – R30 000 (negotiable depending on experience)
Monday – Friday 08:00 – 17:00, availability over weekends required during peak season / mega events
Please use the following reference number in the subject line of your email: CR183 when applying for this position. Please submit your CV in Word Format to email@example.com. Kindly consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive feedback within 1 week.