Our client, a manufacturer of fast moving consumer goods, is looking for an experienced Export Administrator. The successful candidate will be based in Stellenbosch and will be responsible for the co-ordination of road and sea export functions in line with responsible destinations.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Orders and general administration
* Capture and maintain sales orders in Syspro, with specific attention to pricing, in accordance with the relevant deadlines
* Administer the processing of pro-forma invoices to customers and the collection of monies due
* Review all open sales order and follow-up regarding payment
* Review all processed orders to ensure price and quantity is correct
* Review each customer order in line with the credit terms associated with that customer and report any non-compliances to Export Manager
* Ensure sufficient stock levels are kept in relations to open orders for each warehouse by liaising with the relevant staff responsible for replenishing stock
* Administer the export of product to the relevant destination and ensuring timeous delivery and error free documentation
* Review and approve all SARS EDI submission completed by service providers (clearing agents) to ensure correct tariff codes, rebate codes, bond stores and calculations are used
* Complete the necessary daily/ weekly/monthly updates, schedules and reports to control and monitor the required export function
* Plan all vessel/ carrier bookings with the relevant transporters to ensure accurate schedules and delivery lead times
* Develop all import and export documents such as invoices, clearing instructions and calculations templates required to ensure compliance is met
* Provide customers and service providers (transporters, couriers, customs, etc) liaison to ensure effective communication at all times.
* Strict adherence to all standard operating procedures relevant to inventory control
* Maintain a timeous POD system and ensure documents received meet the requirements for the release of transporter payments
* Ensure correct transport, freight and clearing charges are invoiced by service providers and arrange sign-off in order to affect timely payment of these accounts
* Liaise with customers to ensure they receive and understand their statements and amounts due
* Take ownership to obtain all relevant information needed to complete the clearing instruction for each consignment, ensuring the details declared are complete and accurate
* Ensure that each tariff code is declared correctly on the SAD500 (i.e spirit coolers declared in LAA, carbonated drinks declared in GJ, wine declared in L)
* Manage and maintain the company’s online Bureau Veritas portal ensuring all applications and submissions are done timeously
* Where SADC’s are issued, ensure that they are declared correctly on the SAD500 linked to that consignment and acquitted accordingly
* Liaise and prepare all relevant documentation for inspections bodies such as Bureau Veritas and SGS’s in line with deadlines and lead times
* Manage and maintain the company’s Wine Online portal ensuring all applications and submissions are done timeously
a. Process all paper work and submission of all export samples using Wine Online
b. Apply for and maintain export certificates on Wine Online
c. Notify and declare export dates and details in accordance to the guidelines as set out by the Wine Online system
d. Administer and maintain Wine Online data (customers, bond store details)
* Ensure that all acquittals are processed timeously via SARS EDI
* Ensure compliance is met i.t.o the Value -added Tac Act No.89 of 1991 for all instances where zero vat invoices are generated for exports. This includes exercising full control over the export of each consignment and being able to substantiate this with valid and legal documentation.
* Ensure compliance i.t.o the Customs and Excise Act No.91 of 1964 when clearing instructions are submitted for processing via SARS EDI. This includes the review and approval all SARS EDI submission completed by service providers (clearing agents) to ensure correct tariff codes, rebate codes, bond stores and calculations are used as per your clearing instruction
* Liaise with New Product Development to ensure new products are submitted for tariff determination and follow-up to ensure all compliance is met.
* Matric plus relevant post matric qualification is essential
* 3-5 years imports/ exports experience (including business administration) in the beverages industry.
* Customs and Excise regulations/ imports and export – Road and sea-freight specifically
* Intermediate computer literacy (Excel/Word)
* Prior work experience with Syspro/SAP would be advantageous
R15 000 – R20 000 CTC (negotiable depending on experience)
Monday – Friday 08:00 – 17:00
Please use the following reference number in the subject line of your email: CR159 when applying for this position. Please submit your CV in Word Format to email@example.com. Kindly consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive feedback within 1 week.