Our client, located in Epping, is an integrated agri-business specialising in the production and packing of foods such as stocks, gravies and sauces, as well as value-added meat products for the retail and food service markets.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, this represents an excellent new career opportunity for a team player to immerse themselves in the development of innovative new products for the retail market, as well as for use in other food manufacturing operations.
The successful applicant would assist in launches of new products from concept to implementation in the factory, maintaining all associated NPD documentation – this includes compiling product specifications, new product ingredient statements and supplying all documentation required by customers throughout the NPD process.
Co-ordination and management of trials (including shelf life testing) of all products in the development phase would also be a key focus. This person would also assist with the reviewing of product labels to ensure compliance with relevant labelling legislation and would:
* Work closely with the Raw Materials Technologist when introducing new ingredients or packaging
* Work closely with the Compliance Technologist when introducing new products/ processes into the factory
* Participate in cross-functional teams to ensure resolution of technical production problems
* Form part of the audit team and assist in internal audits
* Assist with QC duties as required
* Build relationships with customers
* BTech/BSc Food Science and/or an appropriate Food Technology diploma
* Previous experience in a food factory environment
* Technical food safety knowledge and understanding of HACCP principles
* Keen attention to detail
* The ability to work independently and to take ownership of assigned projects within a small New Product Development team
* Good interpersonal and communication skills, able to interact confidently with both suppliers and customers
* NPD experience will be beneficial, but is not a requirement
* A willingness to also work rotational weekends (every third weekend)
Negotiable depending on experience
Monday – Friday 07:00 – 16:15
Every third Saturday 07:00 – 13:00
Please use the following reference number in the subject line of your email: CR203 when applying for this position. Please submit your CV in Word Format to email@example.com. Kindly consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive feedback within 1 week.