- Ability to run a guest house on a daily operational basis- front office Management, housekeeping and seeing to maintenance matters.
- Possession of reliable vehicle and valid driver’s licence.
- Ability to work on MS Excel, MS Word and Outlook.
- Fully bilingual.
- Matured and seasoned single individual with sober habits
- Must possess professional, confident and tolerant personality to deal with guests from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills to converse with guests.
- Delegation and management skills.
- Be flexible to work long and irregular hours which includes weekends and public holidays.
- Strong service orientation and an eye for detail.
- Must be able to plan and host events / parties.
- Must feel comfortable to plan menus and assist with meal preparation where necessary.
- Must have knowledge of the Robertson wine valley and bigger Cape Town environs.
Principal accountability and key performance areas
- Supervise support staff, such as cooks and housekeepers, and direct their daily duties.
- Responsible for purchasing and keeping track of inventory.
- Responsible for overall general cleanliness and maintenance of Guest House.
- Additional professional duties include maintaining records of incoming and outgoing guests, and attending to guests’ personal requests.
- Responsible for managing booking inquiries and seeing to reservations
- Able to work long hours when required and seeing to guests and ensuring that everything around the guest house runs efficiently.
- Responsible to report to the company’s management team on a regular basis and any ad hoc duties as and when required.
Location: Robertson (Madeba House)
Closing Date: 25 January 2019
Minimum Qualification: At least a high school diploma or G.E.D. and/or an undergraduate degree in hotel management, hospitality or business will be required.
Level of Experience: Minimum 5 years’ guest house management experience with contactable references
Please note that after submitting an application, if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of the closing date you should assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act and in line with Graham Beck Enterprises’ Employment Equity Policy.