- Manage daily upkeep, planning, planting, maintenance of all gardens and sport fields.
- Coordinate the administration of gardens and landscapes, including liaison with suppliers, and contractors
- Participate in the management of the landscape maintenance budget, Labour allocation and scheduling.
- Ensuring new and existing gardens and landscapes are efficiently managed and maintained
- Leading and managing the Garden team to: Performing general landscape and garden maintenance, Constructing garden landscapes, raised beds, and other landscape elements.
- Maintain irrigation systems
- Ensuring health and safety regulations are adhere to
- Ensure vehicles and equipment are maintained and in working condition
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Excellent interaction skills and proactive attitude towards staff, guests and suppliers
- Self starter
- Highly flexible and proactive
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritise
- Strong attention to detail
- To be able to cope well under pressure
- Team player – very approachable and open to suggestions and feedback
- Able to facilitate communication
- Flexible on work hours – shift work required
- Good sense of urgency and at problem solving
- Computer literacy essential
- Drivers license essential
- Knowledge of nursery and cultivation of plants will be an advantage
Minimum Qualification: Horticulture diploma or degree required.
Level of Experience: 5 years on Wine Estate with gardens and managing a team.
Closing Date: 25 January 2019
Please note that after submitting an application, if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of the closing date you should assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act and in line with Graham Beck Enterprises’ Employment Equity Policy.