Our client, a group, consisting of farms in the Western and Northern Cape, is looking to hire a Human Resources Officer. This position will report to the Regional HR Manager and the main aim of this position is to improve productivity and quality of HR processes. This is an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources professional who enjoys farm life and has a hands-on approach to human resources in a farm environment.
It will be expected of the successful candidate to live on the farm which is 90km north of Pofadder and 140 km south of Kakamas in the Northern Cape. Some travel to other farms is also required and will include a round trip of 400 km.
You would be the ideal candidate if you have the following qualifications, experience, and key competencies:
- Degree or Diploma in Human Resource Management or similar field Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of labour law (BCEA, LRA, SDA, EE)
- Computer literate in MS Office, VIP, or similar payroll programme
- 5 years’ experience as a HR Officer or HR Generalist in an agricultural or mining environment
- Valid driver’s licence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fully bilingual in both English and Afrikaans
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels in the business
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Must be a self-starter
- Behaves in a respectful, honest, and ethical manner
- Above average conflict management skills
- Well-developed planning and coordinating skills
- Very adaptable
Duties and Responsibilities
Recruitment and Selection
- Compare actual employee numbers against the labour budget for each department
- Responsible for identifying vacant positions as per the approved organizational chart
- Develop and revise all job descriptions
- Advertise the vacant position on the relevant platforms.
- Shortlist candidates in consultation with the relevant department managers
- Arrange interviews and assist with the interview process, working closely with the relevant department managers
- Update organizational charts Human Resources Administration
- Responsible for all the Human Resource administration for the various departments
- Funeral scheme – ensure that the certified copy of the identity document of all beneficiaries are on file and all documentation is correctly completed when doing a claim.
- Provident fund – ensure that all identity documents are on file and that the correct documentation is completed in the event of resignations or claims.
- Leave administration – ensure that all leave forms are completed and captured on the leave system.
- Employment Equity – ensure that the employment equity plan and policy is always adhered to.
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of a production measuring system for production workers
- Employee wellness – liaising with the social development company on mental, HIV, drugs, and alcohol awareness. Effective Management of creche personnel and Clinic Sister. Create salary deduction lists for the monthly creche fees.
Training and Development
- Identify training needs for the Human Resources team
- Identify external and internal training for the Human Resources team
- Develop and conduct the onboarding process for new employees, including on-the-job training during production processes.
- Updating of the career planning system
- Implementation of training according to the career planning system.
Employee relations management
- Manage the disciplinary process as well as disciplinary code with recommended sanctions
- Manage all the preparations for disciplinary hearings
- Represent the company in disciplinary action at the CCMA
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are signed, filed and the information is captured on the payroll system.
- Advice management and employees on all Human Resources policies, disciplinary policies and grievance procedure and ensure that they have access to all documentation.
- Manage the Safety Committee and ensure that all accidents are investigated and documented.
- Prepare and submit annual employment equity reports.
- Create the employment equity plan for the company every 5 years
- WCA – ensure that all documentation is sent to the Department of Labour timeously and the process is managed for all injuries on duty.
On offer is a very negotiable remuneration package, which includes a 3-bedroom house on the farm, subsidized schooling, transport to and from school for all school going children and many other benefits.
If you are looking to advance your career and would enjoy this opportunity, please send your updated Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter to email@example.com