The IT support Technician will be responsible for managing our clients IT infrastructure, this will include the entire desktop environment, servers, software/applications, networks, MFP’s, voice and PBX systems.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
* Ensure calls are recorded in the CRM system, accurately documented and categorised
* Ensure that all the incidents / requests are responded to within required SLA
* Provide telephonic / remote support
* Ensure clients are kept up to date regarding their incidents and requests
* Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational problems
* Maintain a high degree of first time resolution for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles as directed.
* To take ownership of end-user issues and problems and be pro-active when dealing with user issues and help them resolve any hardware or software problems.
* Ensure connectivity of IT systems and the internet.
* To support users remotely as well as onsite as directed.
* Support users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice.
* To escalate more complex calls according to the escalation procedure keeping ownership for the duration of the problem.
* Pre-build and setup PCs/ notebooks and systems where required.
* Be responsible for latest security AV as well as all relevant patches.
* Keep an asset register for all company IT hardware/software, telecomm systems and PABX systems.
* Grade 12
* Minimum A+ N+ MCSE or similar preferable essential or
* A minimum of 4 years’ experience as an IT Infrastructure support technician.
* MCITP will be beneficial
* After Hours availability
* Ability to troubleshoot and provide recommendations for resolving technical issues.
* Overtime and standby will be required on occasions.
* Hands on’ approach and a willingness to learn is a must.
* Commitment to future job relevant certifications essential.
* Strong interpersonal skills – comfortable interfacing with all levels of company
* Excellent communication in English, both verbal and written.
* Well presented.
* Passionate and Resourceful, going the extra mile
* Ability to prioritise and work under pressure
* Ability to work independently
* Positive attitude, portraying a professional image at all times
* Effective time management.
* Ownership of tasks and using initiative
* Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
R15 000 – R18 500 per month
Please use the following reference number in the subject line of your email: CR140 when applying for this position. Please submit your CV in Word Format. Kindly consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive feedback within 2 weeks.