Our Client, close to Franschhoek, is looking to employ a Junior IT Technician. We are looking for a reliable problem solver, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with people on all levels.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
* Tier 1 IT Support
* Assist personnel with installation, configuration and ongoing usability of system hardware and software
* Offer daily operations and systems support to personnel
* Verify functionality of hardware and software components
* Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely and via phone
* Respond to, handle incidents and escalate problems on the variety of platform and supported networks from logon to the resolution
* Workstation hardware, software, and associated peripherals Support.
* Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of current operating systems and standard software packages, including both Microsoft Windows and Mac OSX.
* Manage and Maintain IT Asset inventory
* Formatting and reloading of Desktops and Laptops.
* Assist with Tier 2 and Tier 3 IT projects
* Experience with Microsoft operating systems, including installation and configuration
* Experience with computer and peripheral hardware servicing and basic repairs
* Knowledge and understanding of standard office software packages
* Grade 12 and A +, N+
* 6 months experience in IT systems support roles
* Work well in a team environment
* Valid Driver’s License & own transport
* Good Troubleshooting skills
* Excellent communication, telephone skills , good writing abilities ( English & Afrikaans)
* Willing to work overtime / weekends if needed
R12 000 – R15 000 CTC
Monday – Friday
Please use the following reference number in the subject line of your email: CR326 when applying for this position. Please submit your CV in Word Format, your salary expectation and notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive feedback within 1 week.