Our client, a construction company that focuses on up market residential developments is looking to employ a Junior Quantity Surveyor (5 years’ experience).
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Price/forecast the cost of the different materials needed for the project
- Prepare tender documents, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation
- Track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjusting budget projections accordingly
- Measure and value the work done on site
- Liaise with construction professionals, such as site managers, project managers and site engineers
- Select and/or source construction materials
- Write reports
- BSc / BTech degree in Quantity Surveying
- Approximately 5 years’ experience
- Multi-tasking, self-motivated, energetic team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Have good practical organization skills, planning of resources and program scheduling
- Be able to provide both summarized and detailed reports, on current activities
- IT Literate – able to use Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project (added bonus)
- Ability to use Construction Costing Software (“Candy”)
- Demonstrable experience in construction contracts
- Smart and professional appearance
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Customer focused
This position will be based in Paarl.
Salary: R20 000 – R30 000 per month, depending on experience.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please use the following reference number in the subject line of your email: CR141 when applying for this position. Please submit your CV in Word Format to email@example.com. Kindly consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive feedback within 1 week.