Our client in Stellenbosch is looking for a qualified Line Supervisor to join their ever expanding FMCG business.
* Be familiar with production schedule to plan CIP’s, changeovers, raw materials and maintenance
* Keep shift manager updated on problems
* Strive to continuously improve line efficiencies
* Liaise with QC department to ensure all control measures are monitored and recorded
* Ensure good housekeeping throughout manufacturing process
* Ensure change parts are clean and stored accordingly
* Ensure access control is in place and enforced
* Ability to do fault finding on all equipment on the line
* Liaise with technical dept. to ensure all equipment is running efficiently
* Manages staff as per company policies
* Ensure all relevant documents are accurately completed by the end of each shift (dashboards, job cards, raw materials issued, stock produced etc.)
* Ensure shift handover takes place 30 minutes prior to shift start/end. Do walkthrough the factory prior to shift start
* Ensure health and safety procedures are adhered to at all times.
* Tertiary Qualification in production related field or previous experience in similar role
* Basic knowledge of BCEA and disciplinary procedures
* Ability to operate all line equipment
* Sound knowledge of production processes
* Working knowledge of Food Safety (HACCP/FSSC) and SCADA systems advantageous
* Basic Computer literacy
* Dependable and great work ethic
* Willing to work overtime and over weekends
* Proven Leadership skills
* Exceptional organising and planning abilities
* Ability to analyse and troubleshoot, conceptual thinking
* Ability to manage work to deadlines
* Concise and effective communication
* Ability to coach and transfer skills and knowledge
* Deliver what plan is required, shift work
* Team player!
7 AM – 4PM / 8AM – 5PM
Scheduled standby duties after hours
Please use the following reference number in the subject line of your email: CR310 when applying for this position. Please submit your CV in Word Format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive feedback within 1 week.