– Thesuccessful candidate must have Grade 12 with 3-5 years’ experience in aSupervisory / Managerial role and knowledge of the long-Distance Transportindustry.
– A Relevant tertiary qualification in the logistic field will be an addedadvantage.
– Good, interpersonal, leadership, motivation planning, and communicating(verbal & written) skills as well as bilingualism will be essential.
– Management of all assets and staff under your control and themeeting of objectives set in the budget process, reporting to management anynegative deviance in revenue and or
cost and putting together action plans with responsibilities andtimelines should the business unit under your control not meet the budgetedrequirements objectives and the service
requirements of our customers.
– Managing and ensuring that all supervisors under your control plan vehicleroutes and conduct load planning, track vehicles hourly, communicate withdrivers to ensure that
instructions are conveyed to meet company and customer objectives,all vehicles are equipped with the necessary equipment to transport customerproducts and that managers
keep schedules of equipment on vehicles together with replacementschedules to minimize loss, record keeping and maintaining of schedules onstanding times.
– Assets and staff comply with all statutory and legal requirements.
– Accident / Incident investigation and submission of all documentation
– Ensuring that all equipment / machinery is serviced within the allowed serviceintervals, planned COF’s updated and downtime is minimized.
– Ensure that all Warehouse handling are captured and documentation is handledin such a manner that invoicing to and payment by the customer is not delayed.
– Maintaining of a high level of discipline, within the operations.
– Preparation and submission of leave schedules in such a manner as to noteffect customer requirements.
– Administrative duties, document control and solving of queries
– Deadline Driven
– Ensuring monthly management reports.
– Must be willing to work long hours and on weekend if and when required.
To apply for this position, send CV with reference OMC to email@example.com