Our client is looking for a Plant Manager to drive continuous improvement and optimization of all processes. Their factory is based in Paarl.
The Plant Manager will oversee all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed. They develop processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality and productivity.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
* Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations
* Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
* Be responsible for production output, product quality etc.
* Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
* Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
* Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions
* Share a trusting relationship with workgroup
* Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime
* Commit to plant safety procedures
* Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
* Address employees’ issues or grievances and administer collective bargaining agreements
* Influence and learn from below
* Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts
* B.Eng degree – Mechanical or Industrial
* 2-3 years proven work experience as a plant manager
* Practically minded with a hands on approach to work
* Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
* Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
* Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
* Computer literacy
* Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
* Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
R25 000 – R30 000 CTC
Please use the following reference number in the subject line of your email: CR280 when applying for this position. Please submit your CV in Word Format, salary expectation and notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive feedback within 1 week.