Our client, a well-known residential construction company based in Paarl, is looking for a QS to be in charge of managing all costs related to building projects from the first calculations to the final numbers. To be tasked with reducing the overall cost of a project, thus ensuring value for money.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
* Keep updated record of all projects on our inhouse electronic system (Smartsheet)
* Understand the Design and Specifications relevant to each Project to ensure accurate costing, pricing and budgets.
* Communication with the Professional team and/or Designers
* Maintain / keep control on planning of projected Cash Flow, by constantly comparing rates of sub-contractors and suppliers when quotations are received
* Prepare cost analysis for each project, based on the architectural drawings, engineering drawings, materials required and labour involved. This will be in the format of a Bills of Quantities, presented to Directors of the Company within 30 days after Designs were made available on each project and prior to commencement of construction works
* Issue a monthly Project Budget Report to the Directors, comparing the approved budget with the actual expenditure to date, and maintain a live up to date forecast on each project
* Timeously cost of tenders in the format requested and prepare Tender Documents, and ensure that tenders are submitted in time and with all relevant documentation that is required
* Prepare estimates of project cost
* All material orders by Project Managers, will be approved by the QS, before orders are placed
* All Quotations received will be approved by QS prior to orders being placed
* Call for – and negotiate prices with sub-contractors and suppliers
* Prepare contract documentation for sub-contractors
* All payments to sub-contractors and suppliers (immediate, weekly and monthly) to be approved by the QS within the timeframes communicated by the Financial Department
* Negotiate, agree and prepare final account for all sub-contractors
* Obtain the full scope of works from the relevant Project Manager on any Variation Orders, and compile an accurate costing, adhering to the target date. Upload costing, with mark-up % for client approval.
* Value instructions to site
* Prepare progress claims (for payment by client) on all projects, once per month, by the set cut-off date
* Manage all necessary administrative tasks during each contract
* At least 8 years’ experience in residential construction
* Bilingual – Afrikaans & English
* Neat, presentable and well-organised
* Taking leadership and managing people when required, however able to work as part of a team
* Reliable and trustworthy
* Good communication skills and a positive attitude
* Problem solving
* Able to work independently
R32 000.00 p.m. CTC
Please use the following reference number in the subject line of your email: CR305 when applying for this position. Please submit your CV in Word Format, your salary expectation and notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive feedback within 1 week.