Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
- Assess the feasibility of new & renovation projects including draft recipe design, manufacturing feasibility, development timelines, cost estimation, sensory profile, physical properties and packaging of proposed products
- Development of approved products from bench-top samples to scaled-up trials where required, according to the agreed timeline and product brief from client
- Sourcing of ingredients and packaging where required
- Coordination of all internal and external testing for new products and packaging where required
- Ensure regulatory compliance of products
- Communicate project progress internally and externally, dealing with all client queries and requests and ensuring final product and packaging is approved
- Maintain up to date product folders
- Ensure label compliance according to country specific legislation
- Ensure internal approval of all labels by Operations, arranging samples and factory testing where required.
- Assist with the streamlining of label sizes and materials used during the development process in order to ensure optimal quality at optimal cost
- Maintain awareness of market, consumer and competitor activity to identify potential business opportunities
Education and skills
- Tertiary Qualification in Food Science
- Above average command in English and Afrikaans
- Computer literate (MS Word, Excel, E-mail)
- 2-3 years’ experience in a product development role with a background in label legislation
- Attention to detail/accuracy
We invite candidates to forward their comprehensive CV’s to the Human Resources via e-mail at email@example.com to reach us by no later than Friday, 29 September 2017.