Our client a managed service provider based in the Northern Suburbs is in need of the services of a Senior Desktop Support Engineer to join their successful and established team.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
* Ensure calls are recorded in the CRM system, accurately documented and categorised
* Ensure that all the incidents / requests are responded to within required SLA
* Provide telephonic / remote support
* Ensure clients are kept up to date regarding their incidents and requests
* Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational problems
* Pre-build and setup PCs/ notebooks and systems where required.
* Be responsible for latest security AV as well as all relevant patches.
* 5+ year’s Experience as a desktop support engineer.
* Server setup – including different raid configuration
* Setup and configure Anti-Virus software
* Configure desktop IT hardware and software.
* Setup a Client / Server network with a domain controller
* Problem solving – research problems/solutions and make recommendations as needed
* Good personal time management skills – determine time estimates and schedule for own work and resolve issues in a timely manner.
* Work independently on routine assignments as well as conducting joint tasks within the team.
* A+ or NET + certification PLUS Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) – non-negotiable
* Microsoft Windows 7/10
* Microsoft Office 365
* Microsoft Server 2008 / 2012 / 2012 R2 skills
* Microsoft Hyper V (Virtualization) experience
* Microsoft Exchange Online
* VLAN and Managed Switches
* Firewall Experience – beneficial
* Own transport
* Live in northern suburbs area or surrounds
* Must communicate well in English and Afrikaans
* South African citizen
Please use the following reference number in the subject line of your email: CR308 when applying for this position. Please submit your salary expectation, notice period and CV in Word Format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive feedback within 2 weeks.