Our client, a listed manufacturing company with a national presence, has a vacancy for a Senior Sales Rep based in the Johannesburg region.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• The person will be expected to manage the functions with minimum supervision and in accordance with business objectives.
• You will serve your Customers (both internal and external) in such a way that our Company objectives are met regarding quality of product and service.
• Achieving budgets and profit targets, whilst servicing and growing a portfolio of accounts primarily in the distributor, retail, chicken and large to medium end user accounts. Obtaining orders and overseeing the supply chain, also establishing new accounts by planning and organizing daily/weekly work schedule by calling on existing accounts and developing new potential sales opportunities to generate sales.
• Submitting pricing proposals in line with the companies’ targets and using product literature to promote the company effectively. Ability to prepare sales presentations by studying the type of sales opportunity and presenting solutions.
• Keeps management informed by submitting weekly work plans, monthly and annual region analyses.
• Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
• Develops new products in-line with the company’s strategic intent and recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
• Ensure that all necessary sales presentation equipment and information are at hand at all times
• Ensure that the current customer base is retained with customer satisfaction by monitoring all aspects of service delivery
• Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by involvement via trade publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
• Provide historical sales data with regular business reviews to major customers to manage forecasts / demand.
• Assist planning to ensure forecasts are accurate and managed.
• Contributes to the overall team effort by assisting and communicating on activities related to national accounts where applicable.
• Responsible for the Debtors book and assists finance team as required.
• Ensures that slow moving and obsolete stock in warehouses is identified and moved within 45 days
• Assist in the monthly/Quarterly physical stock counts at consignment warehouses where required.
• Grade 12
• Tertiary qualified in Sales/Marketing/Development
• At least 5 years’ experience in similar position
• Experience in the Plastic Industry an advantage
• Valid Driver’s license – involves travelling
• Computer literacy: MS Office, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
• Ability to work independently
• Good timekeeping is essential
R40 000 CTC
Monday – Friday 08:00 – 17:00
Please use the following reference number in the subject line of your email: CR321 when applying for this position. Please submit your CV in Word Format to email@example.com. Kindly consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive feedback within 1 week.