We are seeking a suitably qualified individual based in Western Cape for a full time position to conduct audits in the Agriculture environment based on certification schemes, GlobalG.A.P. and SIZA/Ethical audits.
Minimum Qualification and Experience required:
– At least a diploma or equivalent (minimum course duration of three years), i.e. Bachelor of Science in Agriculture or National Diploma in Agriculture Management obtained in a crops based discipline.
– Evidence of training that was provided in HACCP principles, either as part of formal qualifications or by successful completion of a formal course.
– Plant protection, fertiliser and Integrated Pest Management, either as part of formal qualifications or by successful completion of a formal course.
– A minimum of 2 years’ experience gained after finishing academic studies and 3 years overall experience in the agriculture industry. This shall include work in the respective sub scope, being crops based i.e. production of crops.
– Valid Drivers Licence and reliable insured vehicle.
Key areas of accountability:
– Visiting and inspection of farms in accordance with the certification scheme requirements.
– Writing of inspection reports and timely submission of such reports in line with the certification scheme requirements.
– Overall management and closing out of non-conformances raised against and in line with the requirements of the certification scheme.
– Extensive travelling is inherent to the job, as and when necessary.
– Reviewing audit reports.
– Witness auditing of auditors.
Correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only. If the incumbent have not been contacted within 1 month of the closing date, do accept that your application has not been successful.