Our client in Paarl requires the services of full time Tasting Hosts for their Tasting Room. They are looking for enthusiastic candidates to be the face of their company and promote their products and services in line with international “5 star and beyond” expectations.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
* Provide excellent customer service in all areas: welcome guests, educate and present products to them.
* Maintain an inviting and friendly atmosphere at all times when hosting.
* Conduct thorough wine and cheese tastings whilst covering the history of the farm, the surrounding area as well as the production process
Sales and admin
* Responsible for selling products, stock taking and ordering stock, maintain displays in retail areas as well as ad hoc administrative duties.
* Perform the sales transactions of products bought.
* Representing all brands as brand ambassador when required, on and off the farm.
* Keep current with demand and supply of company’s products/services, economic indicators, changing trends and its competitors.
Qualifications and Experience
* Matric/Grade 12
* At least 3 years’ experience within a hospitality environment or similar role.
Skills and Attributes
* Strong professional and customer service skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Enthusiasm for wine and the desire to expand knowledge thereof
* Strong sales skills (critical to the position)
* Able to interact effectively with wide range of customers
* Fully bilingual in English, Afrikaans will be beneficial
* Good interpersonal skills
* Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends
* Ability to work under pressure and remain efficient
Monday – Sunday (as per schedule) 08:00 – 17:15
R6 500 plus commission
Please use the following reference number in the subject line of your email: CR362 when applying for this position. Please submit your salary expectation, notice period and CV in Word Format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive feedback within 2 weeks.